3.0
Privacy and Data Security
Style and Design
Usability

This is the link to what is going on, which you will note DROPBOX has marked as "SOLVED" : https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Photos-and-videos/The-Photos-page-is-changing/td-p/218974#M112 To summarise, Dropbox have just announced that from 30th of June 2017 all customers photo albums will be deleted and the current Timeline feature removed.This feature is the reason so many people pay DROPBOX over a hundred dollars a year That means all those years of albums you spent hours and weeks catagorising will be REMOVED and you will no longer be able to share albums The photos you uploaded will stay on Drobox, but they are suggesting the only way for customers to re catagorise photos will be to manually download all of your photos (in many cases 10 or 15000!!) and then re upload them and re catagorise them into FOLDERS.

Please visit the link above for full information, let your friends know, let any journalists know, post it on your own Facebook and see if we are able to stop this unbelievable decision To quote one of the comments in this link: "I've just seen the banner that says "The Photos page is changing on 30 June 2017 but your pictures will stay safe in your Dropbox account. Learn more". The gist is that they are removing the final remants of the Carousel functionality - which makes me wonder what the point was in purchasing it in the first place: "After that date, you’ll no longer be able to create or share albums on the web, or browse photos in the current timeline view. However, all your photos will remain safe in your Dropbox account." Even funnier, it says: "Creating a better photos experience We’re continuing to work on new photos and file experiences on dropbox.com.

As we learn more about how our users prefer to work with photos, we’ll launch improvements to the experience." With these changes there will be no photos experience that is any different to normal files. If they remove camera uploads, that would be the last straw for me and I'll be moving to a different service." AND ANOTHER "I have spent ALOT of time creating and organizing Dropbox photo albums over the years. The "value added" that they provide is that a single photo file can be included in multiple albums, albums based on different themes, events, etc that all relate to that single photo. I have also spent ALOT of time, working with thousands of photos to set the "Date Taken" file attribute, which is the default (and only) sort order available in Dropbox albums.

The recent Dropbox announcement about "changes" to the Photos page appears to take this all away, with no honest explanation offered, and no substitute functionality evident. It is incredible to me that functionality would be removed from a product in this way. The claim that Dropbox is "focused on building better ways for you to work with all file types" would be laughable if it weren't so distressing. Is "Date Taken" (and I'm not talking about "Date Modified" here) going to be offered as a sort option in the File list displays that we are left with?

The announcement states that "Dropbox won’t be able to automatically convert existing albums into folders", and instead I should create new file folders to match my albums and "Select the photos you’d like to move by clicking the checkboxes to the left of the file names".

Do you really expect me to do this for thousands and thousands of file names?It's seeming to me that my time might be better invested elsewhere"

Review about: Dropbox Pro Subscription.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I liked: Dropbox i ordered with photo album sharing.

I didn't like: Will delete all customers photo albums from 30th june 2017.

Had an Experience with Dropbox?

Comments