My usband inadvertanlty signed up for dropbox - he thought it was a free service. Skip forward a few weeks, he has surgery is unable to go on computer.

I get notice of a $750. charge. I try to contact dropbox. I keep getting same types of emails.

I explain: even if I had to pay for a failed cancel, why not at the $12.99 per month? Why the highest tier at $750. ANNUAL? He is not a business.

And so far, he hasn't even used it, and right now, isn't even sure about the registry, as he is in pain. The most frustrating thing is not being able to get a live person. And of course being charged for something we don't need or use. BTW, we were told that he waited too long.

The first time I contacted the company was less than 2 weeks after I saw the charge was made.That looks very much like a scam to me. I am disputing the charge with my credit card company.

Let's see who has more muscle. Again, I understand they expected a cancellation onsite, but he has been in hospital etc., and they charged him not the $12.99, per month but the business plan at $750., per annum.

Product or Service Mentioned: Dropbox Free Trial.

Reason of review: all of the above. terrible customer service, no phone numbers, no live person..

I didn't like: Deceptive billing, Customer service, Automatic billing of full business price for a year.

Comments

Brampton, Ontario, Canada #1270582

Are you on facebook? Join Facebook group "Overcharged by Dropbox" and lets put our voices together.....